Friday, January 15, 2010

Sparking thoughts

I post quotes and musings here to see if anything sparks for others and to get feedback to see if I'm seeing things clearly/completely.

Words, unfortunately, frequently fall short of expressing what we think, feel, believe. We can be misunderstood by the words we choose because the reader may have a different infliction/ slant/ meaning to the word we choose, so we must be willing to clarify and define for better communication.

The quotes I put here are because they strike a chord of truth for me. If they help others, then fabulous. I keep a Word doc full of them. When I'm feeling at a loss, like I'm swimming in the abyss, I scroll through them or flip through various books to find something to latch on to. The words are usually something I have a strong feeling about (love or hate), and so I explore why I am having such a strong reaction to them. This is how I do tarot readings for folks as well. They choose cards toward which they have strong reactions, and we explore those.

I feel we should do the same with the words and actions of the people around us. If we have a reaction to something a friend says to us or about us, we may have to explore that to see if we find truth there and what that may be.

No comments: