Friday, January 15, 2010

Clear goals

The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, learn about them, or even seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them. - Denis Waitley

Your goals may deal with self, community or others. They may deal with self improvement and/or spirit. They may deal with job and finances. They may deal with improving relationships, communication, attitude. Whatever your goals, write them down. Look at them. What are you willing to do or not do to achieve those goals?

Put it in writing and someplace where you are regularly reminded. Don't be so rigid that you can't modify the goals or steps to achieve those goals. What do you really want? Focus on that.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I really want to be a CareFlite nurse. I know what I have to do to achieve that. But before I can do that, I have other things that I have to do. So, in order to get to where I want, I have to do many small goals. But you have to take it one day at a time....and as always.."It's all good!"